Resources | Stop The Squeeze
Shareables | Letters to the Editor | Mobile Web App | External Links
Spread the word about the Stop The Squeeze petition
Embed the petition on your website!
Copy this HTML:
*If you've already signed, your browser may display a different version of the petition. Visitors to your site will see the regular petition.
Display it on your website, make it your profile picture, or add it to your email signature:
To embed, copy and paste this HTML:
..or download by right-clicking HERE and select "Save Link As..."
Download, print, and pass around:
Right-click HERE and select "Save Link As..."
Radio PSA courtesy of CHRY Radio in Toronto:
Right-click HERE and select "Save Link As..." to download the MP3 file.
Posters and Handbills
Right-click here and select "Save Link As..." to download.
Sample Letters to the Editor
- Watch out, Big 3: Canadians are making themselves heard (Jan 16, 2011)
- Liberal Industry Critic Regan comes out in support of Stop The Cell Phone Squeeze Campaign (Jan 14, 2011)
Canada's high cell phone prices:
- Why Your High Cell Phone Bills Have Nothing To Do With The Size of Canada
- CBC Infographic: The price of staying connected
- 2009 OECD report
- 2010 New America Foundation report
- 2011 OECD study on mobile roaming (CBC coverage)
- Financial Post: SeaBoard Group says Ottawa must make the cell phone industry more competitive
Background on the Big 3's lobbying efforts:
- Our coverage of Rogers' fake grassroots campaign: Debunking Rogers' LTE
- Mobilicity's take on the Rogers' lobbying push
- Bell puts their spin on the spectrum auction at the Telecom Summit
Some press coverage:
- CBC: Petition aims to end cellphone monopoly
- The Globe and Mail: OpenMedia drumming up support for smaller wireless players
- Montreal Gazette: OpenMedia backs small players
- Montreal Gazette: Spectrum auction called a threat to new entrants
- CTV: Crusade aims to break chokehold of 'Big 3' phone giants
- The Wire Report: OpenMedia petition urges set-asides in 700 MHz auction
- Techvibes: Canada's Big Three Telcos Trying to Trick Government into Ruining the Wireless Industry, Report Says
- The Telecom Blog: OpenMedia: Stop the Cell Phone Squeeze
a toolkit for dealing with your mobile phone provider
Have you had to deal with disrespectful customer service, price-gouging, or overly restrictive contacts from your cell phone provider?
Here’s a toolkit to help you deal with your provider and find a more affordable solution for your telecom needs.